Meet Our StaffWe are always friendly, polite, respectful, accommodating, flexible and caring. Our receptionists will always greet you with a smile and are eager to assist you in scheduling your appointments and coordinating your insurance benefits. Let us introduce you to our staff of experienced licensed health care professionals...
Eric M. Goldberg, MSPT, Director of Physical TherapyEric M. Goldberg, MSPT, was born and raised in the small town of Sharon, MA, 30 minutes south of Boston. He completed his undergraduate studies at Syracuse University. Eric has been a physical therapist since graduating magna cum laude from University of Miami in 1995. Eric is proud to say that currently he is part-owner and lead physical therapist for Performance Physical Therapy in Chelsea, MA. Throughout his career as a physical therapist, Eric was worked in a variety of settings including 5 years in acute care orthopedics in Phoenix Arizona. He relocated to my home town of Boston, where I continued to work as a physical therapist in outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation and obtained my Certification in Strength and Conditioning (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Organization. In 2005, Eric took a chance of a lifetime with 2 business partners and opened Performance Physical Therapy. With a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication, Eric and his partners have built Performance Physical Therapy to be a successful and respected outpatient physical therapy facility. After 15 years of clinical practice, Eric was in a position to further my education, so he returned to school last year to work towards earning a PhD in Physical Therapy. Fortunately, he has been able to continue to be a full-time clinical practitioner. Eric's PhD will enable him to do my small part with research and teaching to give back to a profession which has provided his with so much. Eric is also working towards a specialty in the SPINE and extremities by studying MDT (mechanical diagnosis and treatment) through the McKenzie Institute. He anticipate being MDT certified by spring of 2013. In the time he has been studying MDT for the spine and extremities, Eric has been able to teach our therapists many of the evaluation and treatment techniques. Our patients have benefited with immediate results.
- Master of Science of Physical Therapy: University of Miami, Magna Cum Laude, 1996
- Bachelor of Science: Syracuse University
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association, APTA – Massachusetts
- Section, APTA – Private Practice section, APTA,
- Experience: extensive orthopedic outpatient and inpatient/post surgical physical therapy, Gait Analysis, advance training in orthotic assessment and fitting, work hardening, aquatherapy, neurorehab, amputee rehab, geriatric, and pediatric rehab, wound care
- Advanced Training: Certified through the NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association as a CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist), Paris spinal mobilizations, McKenzie evaluation and treatment techniques, Mulligan Nags and Snags, Myofascial Release, wound care, coding and billing for therapy and rehab, CPR certified
Brian Ritchie, PT, DPT
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy: University of New England 2010
- B.S Kinesiology and Physical Education 2007
- Experience: extensive orthopedic outpatient and inpatient/post surgical physical therapy, CPR certified
Jonathan Pekor, PT, DPT
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy: Hofstra University 2008
- Experience: Adult sports medicine, orthopedic outpatient and inpatient, Gait training, neurorehab, geriatric rehab, CPR Certified.
Gerardo Carpentieri, PTA, Director of Operations
- Associate of Science: Physical Therapy, Bay State College, Cum Laude
- Experience: extensive experience in outpatient orthopedic rehab and work hardening, inpatient/acute care orthopedics, neurorehab, pediatric and geriatric rehab, aquatherapy
- Advanced Training/Continuing Education: extensive massage/soft-tissue mobilization/myofascial release training, Advance Shoulder Function Stabilization, Current Concepts Post-Surgical/ACL Repair Treatment Techniques, Functional Based Exercise, Lumbar Stabilization Techniques, Coding and Billing for Therapy and Rehab, CPR certified
Carlo Carpentieri, PTA, Clinical Director
- Associate of Science: Physical Therapy, Bay State College, Cum Laude
- Experience: extensive experience in outpatient orthopedic rehab and work hardening, inpatient/acute care orthopedics, neurorehab, pediatric and geriatric rehab, aquatherapy, Advanced Training/Continuing Education: extensive massage/soft-tissue, mobilization/myofascial release training, Advance Shoulder Function, Stabilization, Current Concepts Post-Surgical/ACL Repair Treatment Techniques, Functional Based Exercise, Lumbar Stabilization Techniques, Coding and Billing for Therapy and Rehab, CPR certified.
Diane Driscoll, PTA
- Associate of Science: Physical Therapy Assistant, North Shore 1994 American Massage Therapy Association Certification 1986
- Experience: extensive experience in outpatient orthopedic, CPR certified.
Lourdes Allison, PTA
- Associate of Science: Physical Therapy Assistant, North Shore 2014
- Experience: experience in outpatient orthopedic rehab and work hardening, inpatient/acute care orthopedics, neurorehab, pediatric and geriatric rehab, CPR certified.
Richard Akerberg, PTA
- Bay State College, Boston MA 2000
- Associate Degree in Applied Science
- Experience: extensive work outpatient and inpatient orthopedic rehab, neurorehab, Manual Therapy and Neuromuscular Concepts for Lumbar Spine, CPR certified
Mei-Chun Wu, MSPT, DPT
Mei-Chun Wu, PT, DPT was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan, received her undergraduate education in Physical Therapy from National Taiwan University in Taipei, Taiwan. She received her BS degree in Physical Therapy in June 2002, went through a very thorough internship in both inpatient and outpatient settings in cardiopulmary, orthopedic, neurologic, pediatric and neonatal ICU care.
Mei found her interest in outpatient orthopedics care during her internships, she was very enthusiastic to explore and build up her experience in outpatient orthopedics care and sports injury right after she received her BS degrees in Physical Therapy. Mei started her practice as a physical therapist in outpatient orthopedics in a clinic, as well as a part-time therapist in a private practice.
After two years of practice, Mei decided to pursue her Master Degrees in MGH Institute of Health Professions, in Boston, Massachusetts. She got accepted and relocated to Boston in 2004, completed her MS degrees in Physical Therapy in MGH Institute of Health Professions in September 2006. Mei resumed her practice as a full-time physical therapist in a skill nursing rehabilitation center from 2007-2009, also worked as a per-diem physical therapist in an outpatient clinic. In the meantime, she was able to continue her education in MGH Institute of Health Professions and received her Doctorate degrees in Physical Therapy in September 2008.
Mei started her physical therapist position in Performance Physical Therapy since 2009 summer, enjoyed the team work atmosphere and open-minded conversation between therapists and different professionals. Mei's practice focuses on what the patient needs and wishes to achieve, and her approach is functional-task-oriented exercise centered, with the combination of many kinds of the treatment including myofascial release, kinesio taping, mobilization with movements, McKenzie exercises, PNF concepts, MET, etc. Mei is very open to any discussion regarding patient's concern throughout the whole treatment session, and is very excited to take more challenge.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy: Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions, 2008
- Advanced Master of Science in Physical Therapy, Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions, 2006
- Acedemic Merit Scholar, 2004-2005
- Mary Mankin Prize, 2007
- Experience: orthopedic outpatient and inpatient/post surgical physical therapy, neurologic, cardiopulmanary, pediatric and geriatric rehab CPR certified